Friday, September 3, 2010

So Soon??

Having boy/girl twins, I knew the day would come where there would be the issue of one of them "liking" the other one's friends. But.... I thought that day would come when they were teenagers. Not so - it seems that at SEVEN years old, we are already there.

Tyler has a friend spending the night tonight, and Lauren has been VERY open about her feelings for Caleb - lol. Caleb is tolerant, but does not feel the same way - HELLO he is a SEVEN year old BOY!! It really hasn't helped Lauren's ambition though, that his grandmother has told her that it would be neat if they grew up and got married, then Lauren would be her grand-daughter in law. (I say that with a smile on my face, this is all quite amusing to me)

Lauren drew a picture yesterday of the 2 of them sitting on a swing wearing "I love Lauren" and "I love Caleb" tee shirts. Oh what am I going to do with her when she IS a teenager??? She took the picture and put it on the window before Caleb got here, and I did talk to her about how he was coming to play with Ty, and that although she could play with them; she was not to make him feel uncomfortable with this stuff, and I made her put the picture back on her school desk. She did seem to understand, and "for Lauren" she actually obeyed quickly, without trying to argue with me. She did, however, make sure that when he arrived she was "ready". She fixed her hair, put on WAY too much body spray, and has made a point to make sure she is SEEN by him - lol. Poor Madi is sitting between me (who has muscle cream on my back and smells like menthol) and Duke (the dog) then Lauren walks in with a wall of perfume smell surrounding her; Madi was like - arghhh!!

(By the way Madi, I know you read my blog now - this is my place to write, and you can read it, but you don't have to share everything you hear or read with everyone) :) (I guess I said an ugly word a few weeks back, and I REALLY do NOT remember saying it, but Madi says I did, and made it a point to TELL several people about it - luckily it was just Jenn and Matt (that I know of anyway). I really don't use bad language on a regular basis, but WOULD own up to it if I recalled doing it ;)

Just last week, Tyler passed up an opportunity to go play with Caleb after church when he found out that one of Madi's friends was spending the afternoon at our house. I guess he likes "older women" - lol. He is not as verbal, and would NEVER admit that he likes her; but he moved Lauren's plate so he could sit by Haley at lunch, and he hasn't stopped talking about her. I did tell my friend Sharlene that at least he is getting closer to someone his own age; because before Haley, his secret crush was Sharlene's daughter Tori, who is 15!

Oh my goodness... good times ;) I really do like this age, it is fun. Madi is already in the "pre-teen" mindset, which is fun too - but different. Don't know what I will do when I have 2 pre-teens! Or what about when Madi is 16 and the twins are 13!!!! It will be fun too - but could you all start praying for us now?? ;)

No comments: