Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"Life"

The Fall session for "40 Days For Life" began today. Unfortunately my city only does the spring session; but that doesn't mean I won't participate by praying and any other way I can. This past spring I took 4 kids with me one day every week to stand and pray in front of our local abortion clinic. Whenever we pass by there the kids mention it and remember praying for those ladies and babies. Check out the website and see if your city is participating, or simply participate by praying or fasting, telling others, etc.

www.40daysforlife.com


Changing subjects totally... it has been an eventful week/week and 1/2. I got my hormone pellets on Tuesday, had to have Duke put to sleep on Wednesday, ran over my $100 stroller with my SUV on Thursday crumbling it into 3 pieces mangled together like a metal pretzel, went to Miami to visit friends on Friday and came back on Saturday, had church on Sunday, spilled pediasure all in the carrying backpack over the weekend and still haven't put it in the washer (I have washed it out at the sink), overfilled the pool to the point water was pouring over the side, spent one night in the ER with a child, had a medical test cancelled for the 2nd time which means rescheduling babysitters for the 2nd time, caught a foster child playing in the toilet, got a new puppy, have 2 kids on antibiotics, 1 just finished antibiotics, started taking piano lessons, waited for 30 minutes outside at an awefully early time of morning for a school bus that was not coming because there was no school that day and I forgot, love my new puppy but still cry over missing Duke, am very sensitive about making sure it is understood that the new puppy is not a replacement for Duke but rather simply a new addition to our family, and at the end of every day stand outside with the puppy and look up at the sky in amazement at how great and awesome God is - that He created the moon and stars, yet cares about even the smallest details of my life.

No comments: