Yesterday:
I had to wake the kids up early for a doctors appt and take all 5 of them with me for the day. That should sum up my day right there ;)
I put the puppy in the backyard and tried to find out where she is getting out. I found a kinda small hole under the fence so I got the shovel and started filling it in. About 1/2 way through this I remembered that I have torn muscles in my back and I am going to physical therapy for it... shoveling dirt into a hole is really NOT a great idea! I quickly get it finished, while trying not to use the muscle that hurts - which is impossible.
I go inside and get the kids ready, we deal with missing shoes, having to wear shoes we don't like because we chose not to put our shoes up where they belong and we can't find the favorite shoes, and one child left his shoes at church. One child, who knows better asks me if I want her to put her shoes on when I told her to get dressed; I sarcastically say to her "no, I want you to go all day barefoot... and walk away; she put shoes on." We decide to wear shorts and a jacket because it is cool in the mornings and blazing hot in the afternoons.
Get out to the car.... FLAT tire! It has enough air in it that I can drive the 1/2 mile to the gas station to fill it up. I do that. I call to let them know that I will probably be late to the appt. I realize that I am wearing an all white shirt when I have black stuff all over my hands from filling up the tire and checking the pressure in the other tires.
Make it to the appt., and actually made it on time ;) The doctor gets really frustrated with all 5 of my kids being in the room at one time. I try to diffuse the situation resorting to using sign language to tell my older 3 to sit down and be quiet. That worked kinda well, all things considered. We finally make it out of there about the time I am ready to pull my hair out.
Check the tire and drive back home. Stop by to get a fire extinguisher serviced because my annual license for foster care is up for renewal. I had decided to put the fire extinguisher under the stroller so that in case the tire blew and we had an accident on the interstate, the heavy metal fire extinguisher would not be flying around the car. Evidentially that was detrimental to the fire extinguisher and after waiting for an hour and a half (making on quick doctor's appt in between for a pulse ox check for billing reasons) for the guy to get back to service the fire extinguisher - only to find out it is broken and leaking.... most likely due to being under the stroller for the past 4 hours. I decide to go home and get the other one instead of paying $42 vs $12 to have one serviced.
Head home.... realize Lauren has ballet lessons. Turn around and take her there. Spend a few minutes talking to Matt on the phone trying to figure out how we are going to get her home b/c he has Open House at school, and I have a teenager from church coming to the house to help me with some things since my back is hurting. I also need to take the other fire extinguisher back to be serviced - never made it :( A friend brings Lauren home, and the teenager that came to the house helped a lot - and we get all the carpets cleaned :) I realize Tyler has Tae Kwon Do for the first night... take him over to the church and leave him crying after hugging him and telling him I love him, but this is one time I am going to make him stay because I really think he will like it. Go back an hour later to see him having a great time ;) YEA, mom was right!
Practice piano (I am taking lessons), realize that my mind is not as sharp as it used to be!
Get all the kids dinner, baths, and in the bed. Much more work than that sentence makes it sound like. ;)
Matt gets home. Still trying to get the older 3 to go to bed and STAY in the bed. They get more hyper because daddy is home and they haven't seen him all day. Can't blame them for that one.
Realize I am almost out of dog food and dishwasher soap - gotta go to the store today!
Night nurse gets here. 3 older kids STILL talking, fighting, and playing in bedrooms. Realize that I forgot to put a pullup on one child that sleeps in pullups and that is why her bed was soaked yesterday morning, requiring me to wash all those sheets and blankets AND pillow! My fault - just forgot to put one on her.
Go to bed.
Get scared by Madi who doesn't know how to knock on our door; she just walks right up to our bed and starts talking. I have to get up and go get onto a child who won't listen to the nurse and keeps sucking on her fingers so loudly that it is keeping everyone awake. Talk to nurse for a minute.
And that was yesterday ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment