Saturday, October 9, 2010

Our crazy lives

Lauren is going to be singing in church again tomorrow. She is singing "Set the World on Fire" by Britt Nichole.... I guess she really likes her music ;) I let her pick out the songs she wants to sing; but we talk about what they mean. I don't want her to sing a song just because she likes the way it sounds - although I truly do appreciate the taste for music and want her to "like" and enjoy the songs she sings. Mostly though, I want her to understand the meaning of what she is singing. When she told me a few weeks ago that this is the song she wanted to sing next we talked about it; and I realized it was another perfect fit for her.

There is one problem - I have LOST my camera/video camera. I know where I set it down last. I was taking pictures of a huge snail we took out of a lake and brought home (homeschool science lesson), then we gave the snail to the science teacher at the school where Matt teaches. I remember taking pics of the snail and setting my camera down on the counter, and haven't seen it since.... hmmm.... who knows??? BUT... I am upset b/c I really would like to have it tomorrow!

Madi is going to help me do a presentation in church in November for World Vision and sponsoring a child in need. Her heart is SOOOO tender towards kids in need. She is one of the most compassionate people I have ever met. I am excited to see and hear her heart come through the words she says that day!!! :)

Madi also gets to start taking horse riding lessons again soon; and she already has her clothes laid out - lol.

Lauren is taking ballet, and her teacher says she is a natural. I haven't had the chance to see her in class. I drop her off and Matt picks her up, so he gets to see her and talk to her teacher. But I do get to see her practice here at the house, and she just lights up - she really loves it. I was just thinking - I should really send to her teacher the video of her and Ty when they were 2 and the fight of "the ballerina and the baseball player" :)

Ty is most likely going to start taking TaeKwonDo at our church. He wants to play baseball again - but with our busy schedules, it just didn't work out. I really hate that too, because he loves ball so much. But they practice or have games like 4 nights a week - it is crazy.

"I" am taking piano lessons, and even though I just started, I am loving it. I have taken a little bit before, so I know a LITTLE.

Matt has been taking pictures at school AND church this week. He has had several counseling things with some unfortunate circumstances all around him. He has been working SO much lately. I am so proud of him for WHAT he does!!! Yet, I feel bad for him in the sense of he is SO busy!

I hurt my back moving furniture about 2 weeks ago, and ended up in the ER today.... doctor said I need physical therapy - Like I need ANOTHER medical appt to have to go to each week!! Seriously!! But, I will go... I HAVE to feel better soon!

Other than losing my temper with my kids and saying things to them that I regret afterwards; I have really been feeling pretty well the past week or 2. Feel like myself again :)

I am singing with Lauren again tomorrow, but she told me I could turn my microphone down again - LOL. Last time I didn't tell her I was going to do that, but I think she appreciated it :)

As we have been practicing the song, it has really been speaking to me. I get so caught up in all the things I am doing, and most of them I am honestly trying to do for God... but sometimes I lost sight of the goal. This song is encouraging me to remember "Who I am living for", "why I am doing what I do", and "evaluating What I am doing". No great revelations, or miraculous answers; but definitely a tug at my heart and a small voice speaking to me... I will take that for now - just knowing that my God is with me, hears me, and is involved in every area of my life!

Homeschool - I have done SO good to stay on track, till the past 2 weeks. It isn't that we haven't done work; we have.... but I just felt like I needed to take a break from the curriculum and focus on weak areas before we pushed ahead to "new" stuff. I know logically that is the "best" thing to do... but the OCD part of me is freaking out because I am not "on schedule" anymore. But I DO want what is best for them. I want them to LEARN and grow; not just follow a schedule.

Foster Care - still the same situations. Had a frustrating week, may share details later, not right now though. But it just brings me back to the same point I always come to - my heart still longs to give a home to kids needing a loving home; but the rest of the crap that goes along with foster care sucks! Sorry for the not so nice terminology; but those words really describe how I feel! If I had the resources, I would SO set up an assisted living/group home for medically needy children in foster care. It would be different in MANY ways than what is currently available. But... for now, I don't have the resources to do that - so I will just do things the way I think God would want me to and I will not waiver from that; and if they don't like it - oh well.

I don't think I have ever put a prayer request on my blog before... but I am going to put one out there tonight. Matt has a student at school who is in the 8th or 9 th grade; and his brain is growing, but his skull is not. It is getting worse, and the outcome is looking worse as time goes by. He has a doctors appt on Monday with a new neurosurgeon. Please pray for Toren. He is a great kid who really loves God. He has been having horrible headaches and is starting with some new symptoms and problems because of his brain not having the room it needs to grow. So far, they have not found any answers. So, if you don't mind; please pray for him and his family. Please pray for them as they are looking for the right doctor, and please pray for God to just be with them, guide them, and to touch Toren physically. Thanks!!

Words the baby is saying now:
mama, dada, me me me, owww, hi, hey, tickle tickle tickle, ma- ma for madison. And he waves bye bye; and signs "more".

Praying for an adoptive family for our foster daughter.... please pray that the family God has picked out for her will become available soon. Not that I don't want her here, just she needs to be with her family - whoever that is, God knows.

OK, going to bed now. If anyone is still reading :)


No comments: