Wednesday, February 4, 2009

To Matt



Happy Anniversary to the love of my life!!



Today is our 14th Anniversary :) We have had happy times, sad times, times of struggle, and times of joy. Perhaps the past few years have been the most intense with extreme ups and downs. I want to tell you how much I love you, more than just a card can say. One of the reasons I started a blog was so that I can look back months or years from now and see where I was in life, and what was going on. I want you to know, I want to be able to look back on, and I want the world to know how much I love you today!

I thank God for you and for our marriage. Our past may have some mistakes, and our future may have some uncertainties, but I smile as I think about every minute I have spent with you and every minute that our future holds. I respect you as a man of God, and I respect you as my husband and the father or my children. I thank you for letting me follow my heart and God's call to do foster care and adoption, and I thank God for all the blessings He has given us in our children. During this time in our life, I am anxious for the time that we get to spend more time together as a couple. Within God's will for our lives, I want to work towards a way of life that we can serve God, but also have more time for "us" and for our family. I love you so much, and I don't want to look back on life many years from now and regret not spending more time with you.



You are my best friend, you complete me, I can't invision me without you.



I want to hold onto the good, and let go of the bad; but I also want to promise you that I will love you more and more each and every day of our lives.



I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(ps - this is why I asked you about the scanner, I wanted to scan and put the picture of us at Camp Victory on here with this. After an hour of wasted time, I gave up.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you...words so simple...so overused. So let me say "I Agape You"...with faults, mistakes, and rough days - I Agape you. In the good times, times of laughter, and times of joy - I Agape you. Agepe love is the love that loves no matter what - it is the same love the Father showed for the son...and it is the same love I want for you! It is on this day - I think about the day we were married. How young we were - it seems like a lifetime ago, but it seems like it was yesterday at the same time. 14 years - seems like a long time - but I know it is only the beginning of a long life together!

So Shauna, on this day, let me say again - I AGAPE YOU!!

Shauna said...

See how lucky I am ladies :)

Aimee said...

That is precious, absolutely precious.