I am supposed to pick up my 2 year old baby tomorrow HOPEFULLY!! Setting up her room today. It is exciting any time we get a new foster child, but I am extra excited about this one. I have longed for a baby (and 2 is close enough to a baby for me, especially with her delays) since we had a foster baby die in Nov. 2007. My arms have ached for a baby to cuddle since then. Just so you know, the baby that died was in the hospital when he died. He was a shaken baby - very sick little guy. That was very hard on our family. We had even talked about possibly adopting him if we were ever given that possibility. Then Matt preached his funeral. And 3 weeks later I had a hysterectomy. Tough month!!
Part of my excitement is because my arms will have a baby to cuddle with again, but I am also excited about this specific little girl. We visited her last week and she is SOOOOOOOO sweet! Just can't wait!!
And I don't know what happened with the 9 year old, but I'm sure they found a great place for her. And Audrey, you are right, God definately has sent us specific kids at specific times in our life. He knew who our children and foster children would be, even before they were born. I just have a hard time "waiting" sometimes. I also have a very hard time saying "no" to a child. Even though I know better, I feel guilty EVERY time I have to say "no". And I think I have only said "no" about 3 times in 12 years of foster care.
I will let you all know tomorrow what happens!! :)
1 comment:
I am SO excited for you, Shauna. She sounds absoultely precious.
Post a Comment