If my children ever had to walk a straight line for a sobriety test, or any other reason, they would FAIL. When we go out I am constantly tripping over them because they weave in and out in front of me, as well as wandering into the path of other people walking near us. They get sidetracked with patterns on the ground, they look all around them instead of where they are walking. It is very fustrating for me and anyone walking near us. :)
It seems in life we are always expected to walk a straight line. Matt always jokes that if there is a sign that says "don't step on the grass, the first thing he wants to do is to go stomp on the grass". Maybe that's where the kids get it from - lol. Because I always walk the straight line and do what I am supposed to do, right? NOT! Anyway, it seems this has been a subject that has been brought to my attention a lot lately. We have been talking about church discipline in Sunday School lately, my husband and I have been talking about GRACE a lot lately, and I have had several conversations with Christians and non-Christians recently about Christians who are "judgemental".
I would really like to open this up and make it a topic for discussion. Here are some of the highlights from some of my recent converstions, please comment on any of them, let me know how you see it from your own personal point of view, as well as how God has worked grace, conviction, discipline, and LOVE in your life.
Also, please keep in mind that these are not all MY viewpoints, some of them are things that people have said to me. Some I agree with, some I do NOT agree with OR at least a partially disagree.
1. Christians in general are judgemental.
2. Church discipline is not carried out enough in today's church (among Christians).
3. Many people claiming to be Christians have their own convictions about what the Bible says "is" or "is not" o.k. - how can non-Christians who don't read the Bible see a consistant example of what God wants Chritians to be?
4. Christians don't look any different from the world - they do the same things, act the same way, why should people "want" to be Christians.
5. If God is love, why do His followers judge so much and love so little.
I have my own opinions on all of these statements, but I really want to see what some of you have to say. Of course, I know that the only real answer comes from God - I just want to see what/how each of you will respond from where God has led you in your life. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment