Matt woke me up this morning (I have a hard time waking up in the mornings, and he usually has to wake me up several times before I can actually wake up enough to get out of bed) but before I could even get out of bed to get ready to go to Tyler's tee ball game, Matt told me that our foster daughter "R"s g-tube had leaked and there was formula ALL in her bed. So... I was not able to go to Ty's game because it would take so long to clean it all up. I hate missing his games. I want to be there for him, to support him, you know... because I love him. So, I didn't get to go. I decided to clean "R" up before I ate breakfast. To give her a bath, and change the sheets on her bed, re-dress her, put lotion on her, all the stuff we usually do. So I get started, and while I was getting her undressed, our other foster daughter "A" started having a difficult time with all of the congestion in her nose, throat, and chest; and had to be suctioned so her oxygen levels would go up. So I put a hold on "R"s stuff, and take care of "A". When I get back to "R", and get her in the tub, "A"s oxygen alarm is STILL going off... SO (Thankfully Madi and Lauren were helping me) I quickly get "R" out of the tub, dried off, and a diaper on; then ask Madi to finish dressing her so I can take care of "A". Keep in mind, "R" weighs 57 pounds, not easy to bathe, dress, etc. So I get the nasal canula on "A" and go to get her medicine for a breathing treatment. When I get back to her bed (10 seconds later) I find she has removed the nasal canula and has it in her hand. I FINALLY get them both taken care of and fix myself a bowl of cereal, by this point I am light-headed and feel like I'm gonna pass out b/c I have low blood sugar. I sit down to eat, and Matt and Ty walk in from the game. (I always hate when I have had a HARD morning or day, work constantly, FINALLY sit down, and Matt will walk in. I know he must think I make this stuff up - lol.
I asked for 2 things for my birthday - to get a pedicure, and to go on a daycruise with Matt. We have lined up babysitters for all 5 kids (NOT an easy thing to do). Schedules were very hard to work out. I started packing today, and getting a few things ready. (I'll cont. this story in a min.)
We had a PILE of laundry so we have all been working on it all day long. And to be honest, I was just in a crappy mood. I have had some medical issues lately, seeing 3 different specialists, all trying to find the right combination of meds for me. Every time there is a switch, it messes me up for a while. Then I do it to myself too. I was having some unwanted side effects, so I changed my own meds around a little :) Yeah, that didn't work so well. I feel HORRIBLE! I am screaming at the kids, and I don't even like myself.
I took Madi and La with me, we were gonna go get our nails done, but I just couldn't make myself spend that much $$ on something so temporary and trivial. So... we went to WalMart instead and bought the stuff to do our own manicure and pedicures. When I got to the checkout line (right on time, I might add - I had to be home in time for Matt to take Ty to his thing). The lady in front of me had 2 identical cakes. One of them rang up $3.00 and the other rang up $75.00 - obviously she was not o.k. with that, don't blame her. BUT long story short, I was in line for 30 minutes!!!ARGH!!!!! Then she paid with a check, and they had to call a manager for some reason b/c it didn't want to take it - double ARGH!!!!!!!!!
I raced home and got there 15 minutes late, and had to tell Matt quickly about the phone call I received as I was walking into WalMart - the engine on the ship we are supposed to take this Thursday for my birthday cruise, our only time in a LOOOOOOOOONG time together alone, the engine on this ship BLEW UP and they are not able to cruise at all for 2 weeks!!!!!!!!! Matt took a day off work, 3 different families changed their schedules to watch our 5 kids for us, I was all excited, and now this!!!
And for those of you who know about my birthday last year, I know this still isn't as bad, but this was supposed to be a great birthday to make up for last year. :(
I am very sad.
Lauren has been singing all afternoon (she sings constantly) "it's all about God" i don't know why she is singing that, but it must be for me.
5 comments:
Hi from Australia
I don't know what it feels like to have 5 kids since I have none but that sounds pretty hectic.
I had severe asthma as a kid too and mum was always having to give me my medication. I had an oxygen mask thing at home.
Hope all goes well in the next few days.
Amber
my oh my oh my!!!!!!!!! calgon - take her away!
I know that I am late in reading this but I am sorry that you didn't get to go on your trip. I know how much it meant to you - esp. after last year! Is it still on the table for Matt's b-day?
Yes, we are still planning on trying to go for Matt's b-day. When is Rob's b-day? I know yours and Tori's are not in the same month as Matt's.
By the way... Hi Amber!! It is really cool that I have someone from Australia reading my blog :)
Post a Comment