Saturday, April 25, 2009

My Heart's Dreams

This is a video I did 2 years ago for publicity on a petition aimed at preventing state funding of embryonic stem cell research. I LOVE this song, and think of it often as I watch all of my children growing up. "I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams, and that faith gives you courage to dare to do great things, I'm here for you whatever this life brings, so let my love give you roots and help you find your wings." This weekend I have seen Lauren share her icee with Tyler, she actually fed him with her spoon. When Tyler cried over having bloodwork done, Madison hugged him and told him it would be o.k. You would have to know Tyler to understand how sweet he is and how much he cares about other people. He will sometimes own up to doing something wrong, even though he didn't, just to get his sisters out of trouble. Lauren is SO very strong willed, but for every bit of attitude, she loves her family and God just as much. Madison puts me to shame when it comes to caring about the lost and witnessing to people.

I used to pray with the twins every night, unfortunately it is hit and miss now; but I always end with "I pray that God will help you to grow up to love Him with all of your heart and serve Him with your life." I am already seeing those plans unfold. It is the most beautiful thing a mom can ever see.

I am extremely emotional tonight with Ty's heart surgery less than 48 hours away. I am thankful... to God for giving me my children, all of whom bless my life every day. For Tyler who is the sweetest person I have ever met. I never imagined when I was going through infertility and praying for a child, that God would bless me this much.

I am scared and nervous. My prayer is "God I know I don't deserve to even come before you to ask for anything; but I thank you that Jesus made the way for me to come before you boldly to ask for my heart's dreams: Please keep my baby safe, please let the surgery work this time so we don't have to do this again; and more than anything... Please let him grow up to love you with all of his heart, and serve you with his life. I pray that for Madison and Lauren and Scott as well. Lord, you know my heart. You know how broken and humbly I come before you. I love you and always will. I can't bargain with you, because I have nothing to offer you. Thank you for my son, please heal him and use him for your glory. In Jesus name I pray. "

1 comment:

jlee said...

Thankful for you and your family. I love to read your blogs they are so touching. Praying for Tyler and for you !!
Love, Janet and family