I got up to ride bikes with Matt again this morning. It is so peaceful and quiet that time of morning (maybe why I sleep so good that time of morning too - lol). I haven't gone riding with him much, but the few times I have, I have really enjoyed talking to God during that time. This morning while I was reflecting and praying, I realized something. I spend a lot of my time trying to please God. I try to raise my children how God wants me to, I try to serve God how He wants me to, I try to be the wife He wants me to be, I try to be the pastors wife he wants me to be, etc. I know and understand that my life is so very tiny compared to the universe and eternity. I also understand that I can never be perfect, believe me... I KNOW I am not perfect, and I don't pretend to be. But yet, I find myself thinking: the purpose of my life is to live it according to how God wants me to - which is true. But what I end up doing is living my life to "please" God, and don't spend enough time "PRAISING" God. I get so caught up trying to do what He wants me to do, that I forget to Thank Him for what HE has done, or Praise Him for who He is.
As I looked at the stars and the moon this morning, with the sunrise coming up behind them, I was reminded of how mighty God is. The same God that creates every sunrise is the same God that is in control of every minute of my life. With Tyler's surgery coming up, I can't help but be concerned. I don't think God expects me not to be... even Jesus cried when Lazarus died - God created us with emotions for a reason. BUT... it is nice to know that my God is so big and powerful, and He is in control at all times. I don't know why bad things happen. I don't know why some people have more bad things happen to them than others. But I do know that God has a purpose for us all, and He never stops loving us. The same God that created the sunrise, created Tyler. The same God that placed the stars in the sky placed Tyler into my care as an embryo and knew that the day would come when he would need heart surgery. And just like God paints beautiful sunsets over the ocean, or an amazing sunrise over the mountains; He created a beautiful baby boy as a tiny little embryo and knew every day of his life even before he was created. I can't help but be scared... I am not naive enough to think that bad things don't happen to good people; and I am not ignorant enough to believe that I am "too good" for something bad to happen. But what I do know is that God has promised to "Never leave me, nor forsake me". I also know that He is an awesome God, worthy of my praise every day of my life. I know that He hears my prayers. And I pray that God will protect my baby during his surgery; I pray that this time will fix the problem, and that we won't have to go through this again. I pray that Tyler will have a fast recovery, and have no complications. And I know that God is big enough to hold Tyler, as well as the rest of the world, in His hand. God, "I praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made". May I not forget to praise the God I serve, the God who holds my life in His hands; the God who creates every day for us all.
2 comments:
i praise God for making tyler... and i pray he will not have to go through this again... for healing and recovery.
So beautifully written, thank you for uplifting me!
Post a Comment