Matt came home sick today. He NEVER comes home sick, so I know he is not feeling good. Lauren and "R" (my foster daughter) also have a runny nose, but no other symptoms. Ari (my foster baby) is doing much better today, but you can still hear her chest rattle from across the room.
It's funny how things work out sometimes. I was SO upset that our cruise got cancelled, now I'm glad we're not scheduled to go b/c I don't think I could go with everyone sick. Let me tell you about Tyler too.
We had his cardiology appt. yesterday and I was really hoping we could put off his surgery until he got a little bigger. But the doctor said "we need to get this done and over with so he can live a normal, happy life". So, his surgery will be sometime in the near future. Then I came home last night and read a bunch of info on the internet. One of my questions became, how much should I limit him now. We have been letting him do pretty much whatever he wanted (as far as playing, etc). Today, he went to a friends house and went swimming, then he had ball practice tonight. When we got in the car after practice he told me he felt funny. I checked his heart rate - 180. SO... for the next 45 min. or so his heart rate would go way too fast for a few min. then back to normal, then too fast again. Finally, it has been normal for about an hour now. I got him a pillow and blanket and told him to lay down on the couch. He turned the t.v. on to basketball, and I laid down by him so he could play with my hair for a few minutes, and he is sound asleep with a heart rate of 76. Ahhhhh. I guess that is my answer that he doesn't need to do too much right now, and also we do need to go ahead and have his surgery sooner rather than later.
Oh, and please pray for me because I am supposed to have my anual health inspection of my house for foster care next week. On top of my hubby and kids being sick, we were supposed to do something for my birthday on Fri. and Sat. Sunday is always busy with church. And my living room floor is covered with homeschool stuff because I am trying to get it organized and put away (we are finished for the year). Last year when I had my health inspection, I had laundry in MY bathroom floor, and the guy told me "I know your husband is usually here for the inspection, and he makes sure the house is clean, but you don't need to have laundry in the floor." My tongue was about to be bit in half from me trying not to say anything. ARGHH!! So, I am stressed about it all to say the least.
By the way, can I tell you all something. OF course I can, because its MY blog :) My life gets hectic sometimes, and I like to vent on here, and everywhere else too ;) BUT I have learned one thing. It doesn't matter how I feel, what I think, what is going on, whether I'm happy or stressed; God is God, and He knows the plans He has for me. I am who I am, and I don't pretend to be someone I'm not. And... it's all good. :)
2 comments:
if laundry on the floor is the deciding factor on a fit or unfit home, i best never let ANYONE come to my house... they'd be in horror. :) hee hee... i think laundry on the floor (within reason) should be the least of their worries when you are busy taking GREAT care of kids with special needs - particularly of your time and love. THAT is the bigger goal here!!!!
Thank you Heidi Jo!! I agree, and came very close to telling him that! My other thought I wanted to share with him was: There's the washer and dryer - have at it. Prob. wouldn't have gone over so well ;)
I have already told Matt he has to be here for the inspection next week.
Post a Comment