We have scheduled Tyler's cardiac ablation for next Monday, April 27th. Please pray for him, and for Matt and I. We could have chosen to wait until June, and I was tempted to do that. But after last weeks episode where it took about 45 minutes to get his heart rate where it should be... it is probably best that we go ahead and have it done.
This is his second time having it done. Biggest risk is him coming out of it with a pacemaker for the rest of his life. Of course there are other risks too.
I was really nervous last time too, but I am just as nervous this time. I am glad that it is not more serious than it is... they don't have to open his chest - they go through the arteries in both groins and 1 in his arm; thread all the things they need to work with up to his heart, cause his heart to go into it's arrythmia, map where it is coming from, and burn that part of his heart so that it forms scar tissue and doesn't cause the extra electrical impulse which causes his heart to beat too fast. He has Atypical AV Node Re-entry.
I am so thankful to God for my children, and for their health. I know there are lots of people out there facing worse things with their kids. But I just love my little man SOOOOOOOOOOOO much, it breaks my heart to think of anything bad happening to him. I don't think I will stop worrying about it until it is over. Having said that, last year when he had the same thing done, there were lots of people praying for him and for us, and God gave us such a peace on the day of his surgery that we really were not upset or stressed during his surgery. So please pray for us again this year!!!
Tyler is such an active little boy. I don't want him to be limited in what he can or can't do physically. I hope that this surgery will help him.
Thank you!
Shauna
4 comments:
I will def. say lots of prayers for you guys!! Good luck. Glad you had fun on your b'day!
Thank you!! :)
Shauna
I will pray - please do a reminder post on Monday - even if you schedule it now...so that it pops up in our readers on Monday. I really don't want to forget to be praying for you all.
OK, I am seriously technologically challenged. I tried to figure out how to write a post now and schedule it for later... but couldn't figure it out. So... I will do my best to remember to write a post that morning. I probably will remember, since it will be on my mind. Plus I will be taking my computer with me to the hospital, so if I can pick up Wi-Fi I will post updates too. Thanks for the good idea Brenda!
Post a Comment