This morning was the first morning getting up VERY early to go bike riding, have I told you before that I am NOOOOT a morning person?! But, I have to say, I did enjoy it, and I will definately be happy if I lose weight.
I am going to give you the short version of the story, because I was just told that Lauren is doing karate on her brother and sister...
Our foster baby is sick, and I was running very low on oxygen tanks after her needing it all weekend long. While trying to get everyone out the door, in the car, and buckled up, Lauren comes walking out of the house with a towel on her hand saying, "Mommy, I can't get this stuff off my hand." I look and her had is COVERED in something white. I have NOOOOOO idea what she got into, and she either is choosing not to tell me, or doesn't know what it is. I can't even think of anything it COULD be. So, in the mean time, I have absolutely lost my cool with her, and I am saying in a loud voice (nice way of telling you that I was screaming at my kid - lol) TELL ME WHAT YOU HAVE GOTTEN INTO AND WHERE IT IS NOW!!! I eventually go ask Madison who tells me that (sorry Paige) it is Paige's nail polish that got left here a few weekends ago. WHEW, at least it isn't gonna kill her.
SO... with that over, we get into the car and head to the post office where I was needing a quick trip in and out, and got stuck having to re-do something 3 times, until I lost my cool again and the nice lady helped me :)
Then I go to the medical supply place to pick up the new oxygen tanks (running very low now) and there was no one there, door locked, etc. ARGHHH!! Luckily our pediatrician is right next door and I already have given them a heads up that I am headed there with her. SO... I go there. They get me back very quickly, I undress her, and lay her on the table, and her oxygen levels immediately resume normal limits. First, I AM glad that she was ok at that moment, BUT I know that it is only temporary (as in, while we are in the dr. office). So we leave there with no diagnosis. I then go BACK to the medical supply place and get the oxygen that has by this point run out, but that's ok, since she seemed to be ok at the moment anyway. On my way home I stopped to get gas, as I only had 12 miles left to go till empty. It was then that I realized that I could not find my cell phone. And I still have not found it. Retraced my steps, everything, no cell phone.
And that really is the short version of the story.
And tomorrow is another day.
Thank you Jesus for my wonderful family, even if I have bad days; I am having bad days WITH them and there are fun moments in between and way more good days than bad. Thank you for children after years of praying for them. Thank you for a husband who loves me even when I have bad days! And thank you for loving me even though I don't deserve it!
Shauna
2 comments:
Oh my! I am so sorry! I hope I'm still allowed to visit, and I promise no nail polish =)
...oh yeah Shauna, your my hero! I really do admire all you do!
You are allowed ANY time!! I'll even buy you new nail polish when you come :) Just don't let Lauren do your nails... unless you are going for an "all over your hand" kinda look. :)
Post a Comment