Monday, April 27, 2009

update 1

Ty's surgery has been postponed until 1:00. Other than being hungry, he is doing fine. We are waiting in pre-op, and he is playing with his cars.

God has blessed us this morning. From songs on the radio to the nurses in the hospital. Ty's pre-op nurse goes to a church that we almost went to as youth pastor 10 years ago. She knows a guy that we used to work with at a youth camp. Small world, Big God. This nurse was a blessing to me because we had lots to talk about, and that has kept my mind off of what is going on. The therapy dog came around, and Ty wasn't interested, but it helped mommy :)

On the way to the hospital this morning, Ty started crying and told me he was hungry. It broke my heart to tell him that I knew he was hungry, but he couldn't have anything to eat. At least my son will be able to eat tonight. At that moment I thought of all the moms in the world who's hearts break as they tell their children that there is not anything to eat. I think when this is over, I will look into sponsering a child through World Vision.

The biggest blessing I have had this morning is knowing that lots of people are praying for Ty and for us. Pastor Pulley and his wife came to stay with us, and even though they can't be back here where we are... they are waiting in the waiting room for us. That shows God's love in them. And I have gotten lots of emails that have meant a lot to me; but Pam, yours really blessed me this morning. We love you guys so much too, and we miss you. Coming to visit you is on the top of our list after school is out.

Getting ready for the IV now, gotta go.

Shauna

3 comments:

heidi jo said...

following along and praying!

tammy said...

Thank you for keeping us updated! Thinking and praying for you

Shauna said...

Thank you both!!!!!!!!